Sunday, February 14, 2010

Back Online!

Today's post topic is about something very important! Back ups!! This week I had something happen that is a nightmare for those of us who depend upon our computer for building out businesses. My computer decided it was no longer going to boot up Wednesday night. After trying for hours to get the system to recover and finally determining, my computer was dead, I was faced with the news that I would need a new computer and had lost virtually everything. The funny thing was, I had planned on purchasing an external hard drive to do backups of my system, but had not got around to it yet. BIG MISTAKE!!!

Luckily I had been doing my homework about computer systems since I was planning on purchasing a new system soon. I had to work Thursday, so i went into internet withdrawal (can you relate? ) and went out on Friday in search of my new system. After choosing a system and getting the basic setup done, I began the daunting challenge of recovering and downloading all the tools and programs which i use. Thank goodness I took my own advice and had kept a record of all the links and programs I use. I'm still not completely up to date, but it did make the progress lots faster than it would have been.

The worst thing is all of the valuable pictures and documents I was working on that will have to be re-created. So the best advice I can give today is put some kind of back-up system in place. It doesn't have to be fancy or expensive just save your files.. because believe me it CAN happen to you.!

No comments:

Post a Comment